The Concept: A unique concept B2B/C concept, AutomodEx is High Performance Automotive Tuning Exhibition that aims to become UAE’s flagship property in its category. The concept combines the elements of a modified car and bike show, a radio controlled race tournament and the unveiling of the latest editions of some the world’s finest cars.
The Event: AUTOMODEX made its debut between 9th and 12th of March 2010 at the Dubai Autodrome as the region’s premier automotive tuning, performance, specialty products and auto modification trade event. The event’s aim was to present a comprehensive combination of the latest concepts, trends and technologies within the global auto-sphere. The event featured:
• In-Car Entertainment Systems,
• Body & Exterior section featuring paint, wrap, foiling systems, coating/refinishing products and services,
• Powersports & Utility Vehicles – including personal transporters; motorcycles; motor scooters; two-, three- and four-wheel ATVs; pocket bikes; specialty golf carts; mini-bikes; dirt bikes; accessories and services.
• Tires & Wheels – High performance, Street/Track and Off-Road tires and wheels
• Performance Line - Performance and racing products, including engine parts, gears, performance brakes, racing safety equipment and performance enhancing aids.
• Accessories – Exterior & interior enhancements.
• Car & Bike Show – The region’s most extravagant display of modified cars and motor bikes followed by an awards ceremony for the finest vehicles across 12 categories
• Radio Controlled Car Challenge – A professional race track was developed for the three day tournament, and Dubai Autism Center was selected as the official charity and beneficiary of all the proceeds of the Radio Controlled Race Challenge segment.
The Result: At its first edition AUTOMODEX was chosen to be the launch pad for the global debut of the BMW X6M/AC Schnitzer and we intend to elevate the event’s profile from here onwards.
Owing to the nature of the event, the first edition of Automodex welcomed motoring enthusiasts, industry players and a heavy influx of visitors. AutomodEx 2010 was also supported by Dubai Police who used the platform to educate the public as part of their campaign for safer roads. The success of the debut event has enabled us to secure an entire exhibition pavilion from Australia and the invitation to organize the event’s Australian edition which is due for early 2012 in Sydney.